Aktiv holiday in Hohenberg and in the surrounding regions
The creative village of Hohenberg is located 40 km south of the capital city St.Pölten in Lower Austria. It is a small picturesque and creative village that lies in the upper part of the Traisental valley. Art and culture with the active inhabitants of Hohenberg have become a major principle. We meet here especially artists and art lovers. The village belongs to those who are looking for relaxation when they can enjoy themselves for a while.
Discover the beauty of Hohenberg and the Mostviertel region while cycling, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, pilgrimage or swimming. A charming and culturally interesting holiday destination where you great things experience, discover and taste can.
- Numerous hiking trails. A wonderful setting for cozy, wild or romantic hikes, but also a challenge for ambitious climbers and mountaineers.
- Perfect landscape for biking or mountain biking. The dreamlike Traisental Cycle Path offers something for everyone: whether for pleasure cyclists, families, athletes or bike pilgrims - here will everyone find their way!
- A culinary treasure trove: enjoyment is very important here! Pure-flavored pears, fresh trouts, high-quality wines, wild fruits such as „Dirndl“ or „Elsbeeren“ and a huge variety of fruit juices will make you feel good.
- A fertile ground for living tradition, culture and creative power. A diverse range of museums, exhibitions, monasteries, churches and atmospheric Christmas markets during the Christmas season.
Possible activities directly in Hohenberg:
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Cross-country skiing
- Mountain and "normal" biking
- Horse riding
- Yoga at the Schleier waterfall
Our sights and attractions directly in Hohenberg:
- Schleier Waterfall
- Großer Waterfall
- Seebach Source
- Ruins of Hohenberg Castle
- Mountain lake
DO NOT MISS OUR DISCOUNTED ACCOMODATION PACKAGES!
Can be found under the menu: Accommodation -> "Discounted accomodation packages"